[blparent] cleaning a baby's nose

Bernadetta Pracon bernadetta_pracon at samobile.net
Mon May 28 04:04:36 UTC 2012

hi,
My baby is often very stuffy, but we don't use one of those to get the
gunk out of the nose. His pediatrician actually told me that using a
syringe can cause inflamation. He recommended spraying baby saline into
his nose and it's worked great for him. He just sneezes the buggers out
eventually and his nose is clear. Yes, you still have to be carefull
not to hurt him with the little dropper, but that only takes a second
and I manage to hold him still for that short amount of time. and also,
if any of it ever misses the nose and sprays anywhere else on his face,
it doesn't bother him at all. It's happened once to me and he barely
even noticed. it's baby saline, so it's slightly different than regular
saline. slightly milder so it doesnt' hurt them.
It's much quicker than using a syringe, and safer too, in my opinion.

HTH,
Bernadetta