[blparent] cleaning a baby's nose

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Mon May 28 03:35:48 UTC 2012

Hi.  First, remember that babies aren't as fragile as we might think they
are.  You probably won't hurt her if one of you holds her still while the
other one gets the bulb syringe into her nose.  Try putting a dab of
Vaseline on the end of the syringe so it goes into the nostril more easily.
You can also dampen a tissue with saline solution and wipe around the
nostrils so that a bit of it goes in.  If you do that before using the
syringe, it might get the mucus out with less squeezes.

Jo Elizabeth

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a
song."  Maya Angelou