[blparent] when children get hurt

Robert Shelton rshelton1 at gmail.com
Thu May 31 02:46:12 UTC 2012

This is really smart.  Of course, as blind parents, we need to inspect with
our hands (I don't know another way).  But touching a scrape really hurts.
Just checking  your own self out really smarts, so just think about a little
kid who doesn't really understand what's going on -- just hurts real bad,
and someone is trying to touch my booboo.  Getting your child to do the
first triage for you is borderline brilliant, and no, this is not just a
blindness thing.  Lots of parents could learn from this.