[blparent] traveling with 10 month old

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 21:55:25 UTC 2012

Hello Jessica,

I have flown with my son a ton since he was 4 months old and I offer the
same suggestions to you that I did Christopher.  Just make sure that you
offer something to eat or drink during take-off or landing just like we do
with our dogs to help pop their ears.  They will not take your bottles from
you and just put them together in a clear zip lock bag to keep them together
for ease.  Depending on how much your son likes his car seat, he might have
nothing to do with sleeping in it if he's 13 months old.  At least my son
would have hated that so I had him sleep in my arms or in the carrier.  It's
less to have to lug onto the plain as well but it's what works for you
that's important.  Unless you buy an extra seat for that car seat to sit on,
there's no guarantee there will be an available spot for it and they may
need to take it anyways at the gate and check it for you.  Also, we try and
plan our flight around when our son has his nap or bed time anyway so he
hopefully will sleep most of the time but that's not always possible.  The
only additional suggestions I can think to offer is to get a new toy or two
and a couple new snacks for him to keep him happy and interested.

Happy travels,

Erin