[blparent] Sleepless Nights

trising trising at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 11 14:20:09 UTC 2012

Yes, some of us blind individuals have trouble sleeping because we do not produce natural Melatonin. It is produced by people who
see as the light leaves the sky and it helps people know it is time for bed. I take 3 mg of Melatonin at night regularly about a
half hour before bed, and it helps me sleep. Also, I find it hard to settle to the new schedule when we turn back the clocks. My
body just never goes to that schedule. My husband is also totally blind and he teases me and says he never met another totally blind
person so affected by light! Lol. As soon as March rolls around, and we get more light back in the evening I do better and
experience less Seasonal Affective Disorder.

Terri Wilcox