[blparent] teen laundry

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 05:00:41 UTC 2012

I started doing my own laundry in junior-high but I actually wanted to do it
earlier than that.  I think ten is a good age but it really just depends on
the kid and their maturity level.  I think that like most things if it's a
normal thing that's done at a younger age it just becomes normal and not
even an issue later on.  I'm hoping to teach my son to do a lot of helpful
things around the house before those crazy hormones kick-in that interfere
with so many things.  He'll learn that just like on a job, there are rewards
that go along with helping the family and consequences for not.

Erin