[blparent] teen laundry

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Mon Nov 12 05:31:08 UTC 2012

Good luck with that, Erin.  I'm not saying you shouldn't try and teach that
important lesson.  But just like all of your hard work feeding your sweet
little baby healthy foods seems to go for naught the first time somebody
hands him a potato chip or a bite of ice cream, the teaching of being
helpful around the house gets a lot harder when your tot marches off to
preschool and hears some other kid whine that picking up toys is boring!

Not that I don't try, mind you.  Sarah does enjoy helping me make
dinner--stirring things, cracking eggs, that kind of stuff--and I make her
pick up her clothes and toys and bring any cups or bowls she's managed to
wander out of the kitchen with back to the sink.

Jo Elizabeth

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may
kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at
evening.--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.