[blparent] People holding my child

Jennifer Jackson jennifersjackson at att.net
Tue Nov 13 20:02:05 UTC 2012

This is not just a blindness issue either. My mother took my niece's baby
outside with my niece calling after her that the baby was not to be out in
the sun. Now, I think it was probably even good for the little guy to be
outside for the five minute walk out to the car, but the point is that my
niece is the mom and her wishes should be followed. My mother insists that
she is the "matriarch" of the family and that my niece was wrong to protest
or be upset.

I had to have some confrontations with people about this too. I did find
that keeping the babies in carriers did help with people not just trying to
reach out and take one.

Jennifer