[blparent] Baby carrier

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 05:03:11 UTC 2012

Sure thing Shelby.  If it helps, the Ergo Baby carrier is well made with
nicely padded shoulder straps and a front zipper pouch for little items
which comes in handy all the time for me.  I can put my son on the front of
me or on my back depending on what I'm doing.  There is also a very handy
built-in head cover to protect baby from the elements or to use as a nursing
cover.  My son Dawson is 2 years old and 30 pounds now and I still use the
Ergo Baby nearly every day.  I used to have a Baby Bjorn Air which I really
liked when my son was little because I lived in Arizona at the time and it
was made of a really breathable material.  When my son reached about 15
pounds the Baby Bjorn began getting more uncomfortable for him because he
hangs from his crotch in that carrier.  Even though the Bjorn has a 25 pound
capacity, I really stopped carrying Dawson in it at around 20 pounds because
of how uncomfortable it was becoming for both of us.  The shoulder straps
had very little for padding so that made carrying him extra difficult.  I've
had the Ergo Baby since my son was born and wasn't sold on it when he was
tiny but once he could hold his head up on his own, I've loved it.  I still
carry him on my front most of the time which says a lot for a carrier since
he's 30 pounds now.  Whatever you end-up getting I just recommend that it's
something your baby can be in for a long-while so you really get your
money's worth, and that it's simple to use.

Happy hunting and let us know what you end-up getting.

Erin