[blparent] Introducing myself, books and bus

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 2 20:11:07 UTC 2012

Shelby,

Welcome. I love how you spell Jaxsen. I love when names are spelled
differently. My name is Bridgit, with an I T at the end, which I have
yet to find others who spell it that way in this country.

My husband, Ross, and I have a brand new baby boy who's five weeks old
and a three-year-old. We live in Omaha, Nebraska. Ross works outside the
home full-time, and I'm a writer who tries to find work from home at
this point, grin. I love to cook and bake and am looking forward to the
holiday season so I can make all my goodies!

As for the doctors, if there's something important you will need to know
like prescriptions, I would definitely have that written down. If you
write Braille, you can do it yourself at the appointment, or the doctor
can email that info to you. Weight may not be important unless you want
to know that, but certainly prescriptions and doses will be extremely
important for you to know.

My husband and I (he's blind too) are learning to use a feeding pump for
our little boy. They have scanned the training manual so we can access
it electronically, and we will write down the daily directions so we can
make sure to follow each step correctly. We may also use dymo tape to
make Braille labels we can stick onto the screen so we know where
buttons are and what heir function is.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: