[blparent] Declan and his feeding issue

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Mon Oct 15 19:17:44 UTC 2012

I want to add my prayers and good wishes to those Bernadetta is sending your
way.  I know how hard it is to see your baby going through something unfair
and painful, and not having much of anything you can do about it.  My
daughter was born with a dislocated hip and spent several weeks in a brace
that kept her legs tucked up against her body so her hip could grow properly
into the socket.  The orthopedist said she wouldn't mind the awkward
position since she'd been curled up like that in the womb for months, but I
guess he didn't ask her for her opinion on the matter.  She minded.  A lot.
She cried for hours on end, day and night, and I knew she wanted me to take
that brace off so she could stretch out her legs, but I couldn't do it
because I knew what was best for her in the long run, and that trumped her
immediate discomfort.  This will pass for Declan, and for you and Ross, soon
enough, and you'll get to enjoy your boy growing up healthy and strong.

Jo Elizabeth

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may
kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at
evening.--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.