[blparent] Introducing myself, books and bus.

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Wed Oct 3 01:57:28 UTC 2012

Shelby, welcome to the list.
I live in New Mexico and your questions make perfect sense.
When you take your baby to the Dr. the office will automatically give you a
piece of paper with all shots given.  They should of started it already
because for the rest of your child's life, every school he goes to, will ask
for it.
If you loose it, you can always call your Dr and they will make a copy and
send it to you.

As for the Braille book and the Utah State Library, what I did was sign up
for the kids books and they'd send me a box every time I'd send the last one
back.  A box of perhaps 6 or more books would come, age appropriate, and I'd
read them to my daughter and when we were done, I'd mail them back and
before you knew it, another set would arrive.
There is also another library that does it and I believe it is called the
Jernigan Library and you can find out about it through NFB.  They do the
same thing, send you a variety of books and when you are done, return and
get new ones.  I always just let them pick.
Veronica