[blparent] OT iBill Raffle

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Thu Oct 11 14:35:17 UTC 2012

I am not an expert on this but have used both.  The advantage of the I Phone app is that it is much easier and I believe quicker
to pass a bill in front of the camera.  It is particularly nice if you need to identify a number of bills.  It is also likely
easier for someone who has some motor control issues to use as feeding a bill into the I Bill slot can be tricky, but then that
assumes that someone with motor function issues is using an I Phone, and I know that can be done.

The downside is that I've seen cases where the I phone app does not identify a bill when the I Bill does.  It could have to do
with background or lighting, something I was unable to establish.  Also, the I Bill gives the option of identifying a bill without
the value announced using its vibrate mode.  Probably the I phone could do this as well using a braille display, but that starts
to get cumbersome in my opinion for quickly identifying a bill.  Also, the I Bill is very small and might be convenient in
situations where you may not have your I Phone available.  Is this the sort of thing you needed?

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:18:55 +0000, Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) wrote:

>Anybody got a comparison of the IBILL identifier v. the app on the Iphone?
>To make this parenting related I'll need to use one of these devices at my kid's school.

>The Iphone one is nearly free, whereas the hardware version is about $100
>Any thoughts?

only for the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary and/or prohibited from disclosure by law or
contract. If you are not the intended recipient: (a) please do not read, copy or retransmit the Message; (b) permanently delete
and/or destroy all electronic and hard copies of the Message; (c) notify us by return email; and (d) you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of the Message is strictly prohibited.