[blparent] OT iBill Raffle

Robert Shelton rshelton1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 02:52:48 UTC 2012

The iPhone app works pretty much perfectly, but it might not be convenient
if you're processing a lot of bills under uncontrolled conditions.  I use
the iPhone Money Reader app when I'm on travel.  I fire it up when I'm in a
motel room and need to figure out the bills I've gotten over the course of a
day.  I organize my cash so I can give pretty close to correct change and
pocket what comes back.  The function of the app is to sort out what's in my
pocket at the end of the day.  So, the iPhone money reader works great under
conditions I control.  There might well be better solutions for those who
need to identify bills on-the-fly, say, like if they're running a cash
register.  The iPhone app wouldn't work for that, or at least, I'm not slick
enough to use it in such a situation.