[blparent] blind parent's rights for custody of blind child

Jeri Milton jjmilton at cox.net
Sat Oct 20 04:12:12 UTC 2012

Hi Virginia. I'm sorry to hear that this is happening to you. Are they
trying to use your blindness as if it would be a bad thing for you to have
your son? I'm no expert that's for sure, but I would think they don't have a
leg to stand on if that's what they're trying for. I have my 8 year old
niece and my brother temporarily living with me. When my brother was
fighting for custedy of her, her mother, who I had known for years and years
tried to use my blindness as a tool against my brother. She wrote a letter
to the courts stating that her daughter would be living with her Aunt who
had a serious disability and therefore she was afraid for her safety. I was
completely dumb founded and rather P.O.d! Then, I had to laugh because the
courts didn't even bat an eye at her statements of concern. People amaze me
sometimes. Sometimes they'll stop at nothing. I knew this woman for at least
twenty years and even considered her a friend during my brothers time with
her. I even watched her other kids! Jeesh! Good luck to you.

Jeri

Jeri