[blparent] Please help me snap out of my pity-party

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Thu Oct 25 21:34:40 UTC 2012

That makes sense, Sheila.  It may seem overwhelming when it feels as if your
house has been hit by a tornado, and there are messes and mishaps, but soon
enough your kids will be grown up and gone, and like the country song says,
"You're gonna want this back."

Or, and I feel it has to be said because of the tragic kidnapping that took
place in Denver, and the events that have been unfolding over the past few
weeks, you could be Jessica's mom, and then the mess really wouldn't matter.
And don't think I'm using it as a weapon on you, please, Jen, because I've
felt that way about myself, too.  It's all a matter of perspective.

Jo Elizabeth

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may
kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at
evening.--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.