[blparent] What's it like to have a blind mom?

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Thu Oct 25 22:49:43 UTC 2012

My daughter, who is four, had a friend over the other day.  The friend was just a little older.  She asked my daughter what it was like to have a blind mom.

Without missing a beat, my daughter said, “Oh, Mommy does lots of stuff.  She just doesn’t get to drive Daddy’s car.”

Her perspective will undoubtedly change as she gets older now, but for the moment, that’s how she sees it.

Jo Elizabeth

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening.--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.