[blparent] the meaning of no

Jodie and Kahlan xandir at samobile.net
Sat Sep 1 20:55:20 UTC 2012

Hi. Kahlan will be seven months old tomorrow and she's crawling all
over the place now. This is great, but she's also going places she's
not supposed to go. We keep telling her no and pulling her away,
turning her in the opposite direction of the potential danger, but she
goes right back to it and we have to keep pulling her away. We tell her
if we have to tell her no one more time we'll put her in either her
crib or her bouncer, then when she does it again we do what we said
we'd do, but she still does it the next time. I know she's too young to
understand, "if you do this, that will happen," but we just figure it's
not too early to start teaching her about consequences. she may not get
it now, but she will eventually. But I was just wondering if any of you
had any other suggestions. We don't want her going near the TV because
it's not on a stirdy shelf. We'll be getting rid of the shelf, but we
need someone to help us move the 300 pound TV off of it first. One
person has to move the stand and two people have to hold the TV. Plus,
there's the plug to the TV back there and we don't want her getting
that. We don't want her to go into the kitchen because if we're using
the oven we don't want her to get burned, and the kitchen is so small
that Chris and I can't even work together in there because there's just
not enough room. We can't wait to be in our new place in a few weeks!
We keep her away from Chris's desk the best we can because of the wires
back there. We keep them threaded through the hole in the desk that's
made for that purpose, but she still manages to get under there by
climbing over his chair. Does anyone have an effective way to teach no
to a seven month old?

--
Hugs from Jodie and kahlan
"Only a fool walks into the future backward."