[blparent] the meaning of no

Mark Feliz mafeliz0641 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 01:20:13 UTC 2012

Hi Jodie,
I think it is great your little one is such an explorer, that will be
to her advantage later in life. I haven't met a 7 month old who can
understand the meaning of no. As mentioned on another post they are
designed to explorer their environment. It sounds like most of your
living quarters can be child proof. There is true meaning in that
term. It must be taken quite seriously. Make sure you have cabbinet
locks on any cabbinet door she has access to. Duct tape the wires
behind the desk. Press in electrical outlet guards into every unused
outlet. You can also purchase outlet covers which actually fit over
already plugged in cords and are secured with a screw. This will all
be easier when you move into your larger place. Then you can put up
baby gates to prevent her from entering undesired rooms. Oh, just
remember, as she gets older she will climb those baby gates. Then you
may have to close and lock undesired rooms. It sounds like she may be
your first so lie down on your belly and crawl around. Feel around
everything at her height and evaluate for danger. And please do
whatever it takes to immediately remove the unstable shelf with the
heavy television. I am afraid this is an accident waiting to happen.
Good luck and enjoy that kid, enjoy her discoveries along with her.
Mark Feliz