[blparent] Whose rules should take precedence?

Jodie and Kahlan xandir at samobile.net
Mon Sep 3 11:33:31 UTC 2012

I'm sorry, but I have a real problem with some people telling others
that something they do or don't do in a situation like this is simple.
What may be simple for some may be hard for others. it depends on that
person's experience, upbringing, culture and possibly other factors. I
don't want to start anything here, and if someone wants to speak to me
off list about it that's fine. I just want to voice my opinion that
it's not fair to tell someone that something is simple just because you
think it is. That person is not you and you don't know everything
they've experienced or how they handle themselves in the real world, or
if you do know them in the real world other than on email lists, you
may not know how they handle themselves when you're not around. I feel
it's very disrespectful to judge someone's actions when they ask for
help, or advice. We all react differently to different situations. We
all have different opinions and different experiences. I respecfully
ask that we respect each other in general and stop calling names and
insulting each other.

I know I'm not the list moderator and maybe I should have left this to
them, and if I should have then one of them can tell me I've
overstepped. But I am a list member and all disrespect, name calling
and insults do is blow up the list traffic and take the focus away from
the original subject. I know there's digest mode, but even then you
have to wade through all the clutter of the insults and whatever to get
to the valid points. I also know that I've gone off the subject, and I
thought about changing the subject line, but since this is where it
started, I thought it was logical to keep it here. As for whether or
not it's off topic, there have been questions about computers and other
topics here, so why are you harping on whether or not parenting rules
and the way we handle people trying to take over your kid is off topic?
Can we please have some perspective? OK, rant over. I probably was off
topic, too, and I'm not asking if I am! Sorry. Shutting up now.

--
Hugs from Jodie and kahlan
"Only a fool walks into the future backward."