[blparent] Whose rules should take precedence?

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Tue Sep 4 13:23:38 UTC 2012

Oh Jo Elizabeth I'd shutthe swatting down thing fast. Not. Cool!
You two need to talk. Find out how you can defuse her since it seems she can't do it herself. Sounds like she wants to but needs some kind of hint she's getting spun up and to just chill.
Also think about why you've chosen this person to be a friend and why you continue to choose. You can always say no if need be.
It sounds like she's doing a lot of old-school parenting but if you don't like it, then shut it down.
I'm not as sure that your rules always win, you did choose to come to her house and people's houses do have different rules. Part of participating in society is knowing how to balance my rules v. their rules.