[blparent] the meaning of no

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Tue Sep 4 16:00:54 UTC 2012

Tape the wires down and you either want to anchor the tv, or put it on the floor.
I'm not sure I agree with the folks saying a baby is too young to understand. Well, the baby probably is too young to understand but that doesn't mean they don't have to learn certain norms and rules for society.
Think of it like clothes, babies don't understand why we wear clothes, but we put them in clothes and they just have to deal with it. It isn't an option at least not in most cases. Same for the tv and wires, you can set it up so they can't mess with that stuff. In time they will learn why they shouldn't, but even before that point, the idea is that "listen kid, you. Do. Not. Interact. With. The. Wires. Or. The t.v.
Don't think you can always supervise, no one can be in that high a state of alertness all the time. And, you do have every right to relax in your home. I'd suggest taping the wires down, anchoring the tv or just putting it on the floor if it won't impact visual enjoyment.