[blparent] Diffusing Temper Tantrums (Part of Whose rules should take precedence?)

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Tue Sep 4 17:18:15 UTC 2012

Jo Elizabeth,
A couple things. First, I really like you teaching Sarah to get Nanna's attentiona nd saying "I have something I need to tell you".
If Nanna won't buy into this, then you do have some real problems. This is respectful and takes the needs of everybody into account.
Second, you may want to watch two eppisodes of Mad Men.One is at I think Bobby's birthday party and all the kids get peanut butter sandwiches. There was no choice or discussion. I mention this because that's the era that Nanna would have been parenting in.

Then watch the eppisode where Bobby breaks a couple random objects in the house. From today's perspective, he's just being a boy. That wasn't how Betty saw it.
The show is great in its own right, but those two eppisodes will be insightful for you I think.