[blparent] model state custody bill

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sun Sep 9 05:15:40 UTC 2012

Jo Elizabeth,

I think this is how we have to approach this.  None of us are perfect, and there may be cases where a parent needs to have some kind of intervention.
However, it is my belief that if that happens, there needs to be an effort made to define the problem and not just label it as a blindness problem.  That does
happen.  He drinks because he is blind.  She takes drugs because she is blind.  That is not appropriate.  They have an alcohol and drug problem, not a
blindness problem.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson