[blparent] Long overdue update and request for help?

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Tue Sep 18 20:37:34 UTC 2012

I don't know the circumstances here, but there are any number of reasons why one might leave a job to get additional training in
blindness skills.  One of the things that tends to get us in trouble on this list is people offering opinions that were not
requested.  If she has made the decision that relocating to get training is something she needs to do, we should respect that.
Adjustment to Blindness training isn't always job-related, although some employers will make some accommodations to help, especially
if the training is needed due to a changing condition.  Sometimes, though, one realizes that they have a lot of their life left to
live and they don't want to struggle with aspects of their life that they can learn to handle more easily.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson