[blparent] Cloth diapers anyone?

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 21 21:44:57 UTC 2012

We also are still researching cloth diapers. We decided to purchase a
couple of various brands and models before buying a bunch so we can test
out what we like best. I, too, have spent most of the last couple of
days doing a ton of research about cloth diapers along with various
organic options and other green living subjects. A good book to read is
Growing up Green Baby and Childcare by Deirdre Imus, which is available
on BARD if you use it. It's a great comprehensive guide with great
resources. Also check out Kushies.com, Earth's Best.com and try googling
some blogs. I have to admit that I don't have any great blogs to
recommend as there are so many, and I just haven't had time to check
them out extensively.

There's certainly an upfront cost to cloth diapers, but you will spend
triple that in just a few months when purchasing disposeable diapers. In
the long-run, it's much cheaper. It's also much, much better for baby
and you as it's green. A lot of chemical compounds are in most
disposeable diapers that are not at all environmentally-friendly. It's
bad for baby and environment. If possible, cloth is the way to go.

Good luck.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: