[blparent] Searching for accessible, good quality, measuring device

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 21 21:54:32 UTC 2012

Hello,

First, update. Declan still in NICU, but no longer sick or on oxygen. He
has pretty extreme case of acid reflux, and though eating just fine,
after consuming only 20 to 30 ml's in a feeding, is done because reflux
causing pain. So doctors trying a few things, hoping it resolves. Other
than this, doing very well.

So, is there a device that can be used to measure liquid in a bottle? I
suppose a talking kitchen scale would work. Just need something to help
measure Declan's bottle consumption during feedings, so when at home, we
will know how much he eats when not finishing a bottle.

Also, anyone familiar with breast milk donation? I have not been able to
produce milk even though working closely with lactation nurses and
doctors. Know (should specific for JAWS users, I mean K N O W, smile)
milk banks exist, but curious if anyone has experience with this.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan