[blparent] blparent Digest, Vol 100, Issue 25

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 23 00:25:30 UTC 2012

Bob,

Welcome to the list. I'm not always able to follow the list, but I try
to keep up. I'm sure you'll find a plethora of info here and always
support.

I'm a 31-year-old mommy of a precocious almost-three-year-old, Penny,
and a brand new baby, Declan. Penny is not biologically mine but a niece
who is as much a daughter to me as my Declan is my son. We have had a
huge hand in raising her, and in fact, up until recently, she always
called me mama, and she took her first steps for me, grin. She has her
own room at her house, and most major decisions my husband and I make
concerning family, we include her. Declan I get to keep all the time
though, or at least I will once we bring him home from the NICU.

My husband, Ross, and I are both blind. Ross administrates a program
that provides home accessibility for people with disabilities (I. E.
wheelchair ramps, widening doorways, accessible bathrooms, etc.) and I'm
a writer. We live in Omaha, Nebraska, though Ross is an Iowa native.

We just bought a new house, and Ross is getting his masters in computer
science. I hope to go back to school to get my masters in creative
writing, but for now, I'm enjoying mommyhood, grin.

Welcome, again, and let the list know of any questions, and I agree with
Erin that it will be nice to have another daddy perspective on the list,
grin.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: