[blparent] blparent Digest, Vol 100, Issue 25

Robert Cole rkcole72984 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 05:01:12 UTC 2012

Thanks for the warm welcome, Bridgit.

As far as my employment situation goes, I have been seeking a job for
twelve years (ever since I was sixteen). Unfortunately, I have
encountered many employers who are not open-minded about having a blind
employee. Because of a lot of issues involving credit transfers from
Ohio (we moved from Ohio to California in 2007), I had to start my
schooling from scratch. I could have probably had a Bachelor's degree by
now, but I finally earned my A.S. degree in computer Information Systems
last December.

My wife has some health issues which prohibit her from working. We get
by alright because we carefully budget our income each month, and our
two boys are well taken care of. I grew up in a very poor family, and I
did nto want to raise my children in an environment where worry exists
about every day necessities. I can say that, although we may not have
the fanciest technologies and the flashiest items, we are making it
along well. I want to work, though, so that I can provide more for us.

Not to go too far off-topic, but I have always loved writing. I have a
microsoft Word document which contains about 76 pages of poetry. I
started working on a fantasy adventure novel back in 2004. Sadly, the
story goes on unfinished. It has been a very long time since I have
written, and it is something which I very deeply miss.

Anyhow, thanks for the welcome. I am very glad to be a part of this list.