[blparent] Cloth Diapers Anyone?

Robert Cole rkcole72984 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 04:47:58 UTC 2012

Hello, Tracy.

My wife and I have been using cloth diapers with our children now for
nearly a year. We could afford disposable diapers when we had just one
child, but when our second son was born (our oldest not being potty
trained at that time) we just could not budget disposable diapers in. to
be hoenst, we even use cloth baby wipes as well.

We live in an apartment which includes electric and gas utility costs;
water, sewer, and garbage are  covered by the landlord, and our bills
have been effected, but it was not as drastic as I thought it would be
compared to the price of going with disposable diapers.

My wife is fully sighted, and she participates in a lot of cloth
diapering groups on Facebook. Many of these groups hold co-ops which
basically consist of a group of individuals who get together and
purchase large quantities of cloth diapers at a substantially lower cost
than the standard retail price of cloth diapers.

cloth diapering does take some work, but (in our case) it is well worth
it. If you are married or are in a relationship, one big factor which
will come into play for better or worse is the attitude of your
significant other about cloth diapering. It is a lot of work to do it on
your own (not that it is impossible), but it is a whole lot easier if
the other parent is involved in helping with diaper cleaning, laundry,
and so forth. I will be honest and say that, although it has its
frustrations, I prefer cloth diapering now that we have done it for
nearly a year almost exclusively.

My wife continuously researches everything related to cloth diapering.
If you would be interested, she would be more than glad to help you to
figure out where to get started. If you would like to talk with her,
just e-mail me off-list and I will give you her contact information.

Take care.