[blparent] Cloth Diapers Anyone?

Robert Cole rkcole72984 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 07:09:49 UTC 2012

Hello, Tracey.

As mentioned before, my wife would be glad to help you in where to go
for cloth diapers. She can sometimes get them through co-op purchases
for $5 - $7 per diaper for the ones which we use. We live on a
shoestring budget, but we were able to stock up. if you keep up with
diaper laundry and so forth, you can probably get by with having 20
diapers on-hand, with some backups just in case. We solely use cloth
diapers at home, but in all honesty it is good to have a box of
disposables on-hand when you go out. For instance, I take some
disposables in our diaper bag when I take my youngest son to church. It
woudl be very difficult for some fo the nursery workers to deal with teh
cloth diapers seeing s they have a ton of kids running around.

I am not too big on dealing with the dirty diapers, either, but it is
worth what we are saving. If given the choice to do disposables at no
cost or to use cloth diapers, I would likely go the cloth route again. I
suppose that I have just gotten so used to the routine here at home.

Anyhow, if you would have any interest in talking with my wife about
this, please let me know. No pressure. I am not trying to pressure you
into talking with my wife or anything; I would just hate to see you (or
anyone else) pay out a lot for cloth diapers when you could probably get
them for much less. They can cost a lot of money if purchased straight
from the manufacturers' Web sites. My wife has told me of some that sell
for $20+ per diaper. I think that the most we have paid on a per-diaper
basis (through co-ops) is maybe $8.50 per diaper.

Take care.