[blparent] update on our lives

Shannan Zinck shannanzinck at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 21:08:05 UTC 2013

Thanks guys. We are not going to force him. We are discussing a plan to
help him and came up with a few ides. I did tell him if he tries to poop in
the toilet we'd try to find him spiderman undies. He love spider man. He
does get really distracted so that doesn't help. I've had some terrifying
child hood experiences as well so was hesitant to begin with. It's not our
style anyway. We are in the process of helping him learn to clean himself
up. He changes his own pullup when he pees now and he can take a shower
mostly by himself now so We basically get him to do what he can do and help
with the rest. He in the last 2 days or so has been talking about toileting
more so thats good. My friends mean well but, their style does not fit our
family. They have a special needs son  and their experience with outside
help has not been the best so fear for my son may be part of their
reaction. Though part of their bad experience may have something to do what
the clash in styles of working with him. Myles is relatively where he
should be and doesn't need constant intervention so I feel that knowing
what I know about his birth I need to be more sensitive to his needs and
possible slowness in some areas. For some reason with potty training I
never clued in until now that since he is a tad slow in other physical
areas that it only stands to reason that he may be slow in this. Venting
helped me figure out some things.

Tammy I will be praying as well.

--
Shannan Zinck