[blparent] car seat problem

Jodie and Kahlan xandir at samobile.net
Wed Feb 20 14:42:29 UTC 2013

Hi. I've looked at the archives, but either I'm looking at the wrong
subject lines or the answer isn't up there.

Kahlan has two car seats, but is too tall for one and not heavy enough
for the other. The one she's outgrown has a handle, so one of us can
carry her out to the car with one hand and use our cane with the other.
The one she's not heavy enough for has no handle and has to be carried
in both arms, and it's heavy! We can use that seat without using a cane
if we're going a short distance, or somewhere that we're very familiar
with. If we're just going from the house to the car, for example, it's
not a problem, but if we need to go somewhere where we need to use our
canes and still carry the seat, it's a problem, and if one of us wants
to go alone somewhere with her we can't because one of us would have to
use the cane and the other would have to follow carrying the car seat.
Kahlan isn't walking yet; she just turned a year old at the beginning
of February. She cruises and crawls, and will stand by herself for
short periods without holding on to anything, but is either not
interested enough or not brave enough to try walking yet.

So with no further rambling, here's my question. Kahlan is about thirty
inches and about eighteen pounds. The car seat with the handle only
goes up to twenty-nine inches and the other one is supposed to be for
babies who are at least twenty-two pounds. She can't walk to the car
yet, and I could use the baby carrier that I can wear to get her there
if I didn't have to carry the car seat as well. Can anyone recommend a
car seat that will meet her height and weight requirements and still be
portable enough that Chris or I can carry it if we need to without both
of us always having to go when we take her somewhere? Thanks in advance.

--
Hugs from Jodie and kahlan
"Only a fool walks into the future backward."