[blparent] Intro

Bernadetta bernadetta_pracon at samobile.net
Wed Feb 20 16:38:44 UTC 2013

Hey there, Jessica,
Welcome to the list. It's great that you're enthusiastic about starting
a family, learning about babies, etc. You'll definitely get the support
you need on here. We're all very helpful, if I should say so myself,
even if our oppinions differ from one another greatly sometimes. That's
a good thing though; This way you get varying points of view, different
advice, so that you can pick and choose what you want to take from it.
I'm Bernadetta, and I contribute   to this list frequently. I'm a mommy
of a little boy who has just turned a year old  yesterday. Both my
fiance and I work from home, and we moved to the suburbs of CT after
having lived in Boston when I found out we were expecting. So I guess I
can't give you much advice about baby on subways and daycare prices,
but we have one thing in common so far as I can see. I knew next to
nothing about babies when I found out  I was pregnant. There's a lot to
learn,and being apprehensive as a prospective blind parent, heck, a
parent in general, is completely understandable.
But guess what? You get the hang of it quickly enough. As long as you
give yourself time to prepare and you educate yourself, you'll have it
down in know time. You're definitely taking a step in the right
direction by networking with us. Just from reading your brief message,
I suspect you're someone with stability and a level head, and guess
what? That's one of the most important assets you have at your disposal
as a blind parent.
So, sorry for my long ramble, but my point is that I was a total newbie
at this baby business; I mean, I didnt' even know how to change a
diaper, and I was nervous about getting to hold my baby before I had
him. And here I am a year later, feeling like a veteran and loving it.
Grins. So I'm living proof, as are a bunch of us on here, that
parenting is perfectly possible while blind, even if you have no clue
what it's all about at first.
Again, welcome to the list, and  ask as many questions as you like.
We're here for you.

Cheers

Bernadetta