[blparent] Intro

Gloria G gloria.graves at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 16:13:23 UTC 2013

Hi,
If you don't mind my asking, how were you able to get the parents of the
kids you provide day care for to be comfortable with your blindness? When I
was in high school, my dad's girlfriend ran a day care and many of the
parents were concerned with me working in the day care because of my
blindness even though many of them had seen what I was able to do. I know
what blind people are capable of doing with the right blindness skills and
confidence, but I know it is difficult to get others to be comfortable. I am
happy for you. ----- Original Message -----