[blparent] Intro

Brandy W., with Discovery Toys ballstobooks at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 16:01:17 UTC 2013

Hi, I run a daycare so can explain the pay whether you go or not stuff to
you. You are paying for your child's spot along with their care. Just
because you say oops we are sick she won't be coming the daycare can't fill
your spot for just a week. Because of ratios there is only limited spots in
the center, and they can only care for so many children so you have to pay
for her place regardless. There is also your Childs teacher involved and she
is still needed for the other children, and if you don't pay for your spot
than they can't pay the teacher. It would be like your work telling you we
don't need you today so you won't be paid at random. No one can run a
business like that. If you only wanted to pay when you came you would have
to use a drop in center which costs way more, and the quality of care isn't
anywhere as good. By paying a fixed rate you save quite a bit of money. Drop
in care is often $7 an hour or more, so for $150 a week or $70 a day you end
up paying less by having a fixed rate.

I hope that helps make things clearer. They aren't trying to be unfair, but
actually help you in this way.

Bran