[blparent] People are funny

Jeri Milton jjmilton at cox.net
Sun Jan 13 02:34:18 UTC 2013

They're actually very nice neighbors, but the wife tends to say things and
then apolagise for what she said later. I think maybe she might have a screw
loose or something. Like back when we first moved in here I was pregnant
with Katlyn, she saw my husband out front. He told her that we were
expecting a baby soon and her reply was "Oh, I thaught maybe she was
pregnant, but sometimes it's hard to tell with bigger girls." Then she
apolagised quickly.

When she asked if I was pretending to watch Dylan, I just smiled and said Oh
Bev I'm watching him. Then she asked me if I was ever going to tell him that
I couldn't see him. Dylan was four years old at the time. I told her that
I've never hid it from him and that he's known since he was born. It's just
funny to me how people are really bewildered over the fact that we as blind
people can watch our children just as they can, if not better at times. I
don't know if I'll ever get use to it. Do comments from other people bother
any of you? I get so tired of explaining myself to them.

Jeri
Jeri