[blparent] Update on my daughter Ashlee

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Mon Jan 28 22:38:34 UTC 2013

As the list moderator, I would like to see us avoid going down the road of personal judgements and attacks.  There is a great deal
that we don't know about the situation.  There are alarm bells that went off for me when reading the original note and there were
other alarm bells for me when I read other responses as well.  Is support always telling someone that whatever they decided is
correct, or is support letting them know that there might be things to think about if she feels she was treated unfairly?  Both
can be support if carefully presented.  Has she gone through a long and well thought out decision making process, or has she been
beaten down?

I believe we need to also keep in mind that some of our discussions here may affect how someone else in a similar position might
proceed.  Let's realize that we won't all see the same facts in the same way.  Those of us who have adopted children, for example,
are going to be more exposed to how kids can and do adapt.  so much depends upon the situation.

Let's just stop arguing about what the original poster wanted since none of us knows for certain and try to be gentle in our
positions.  One thing is for certain, she has undergone a great deal.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson