[blparent] Update on my daughter Ashlee

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Tue Jan 29 13:38:42 UTC 2013

Here's the thing. Posts like Jessica's scare the hell out of new moms.
They may be isolated incidents, and there may be incomplete information, but that doesn't matter if it's you.
If I was a new mom, I'd be scared poopless reading Jessica's thread.  She didn't get to be the mom she wanted to be and everybody on the list is saying "the baby is better off, she's adjusted to the new family, she's doing the most unselfish thing ever"
Think about what that says to a new mom. You may be subject to extra scrutiny, your baby may be taken from you, and if that happens, nobody's got your back. These incidents are isolated, and the baby is better off. Do the unselfish thing and let another family raise your baby.  What a way to disempower parents.