[blparent] ipad mini and kids

Bernadetta bernadetta_pracon at samobile.net
Tue Mar 12 12:45:53 UTC 2013

Personally, I wouldn't allow a kid under a certain age to play with, or
use an electronic computer such as an IPad, but again, this is strictly
a personal oppinion. I don't think it does the kid much good, if, say,
he or she is ten or under and he's given a device that expensive and
that versatile. Then again, just because this is my stance on it
doesn't mean that many parents don't allow their kids that sort of
privilage without hesitation. I see it happening more and more.
In any case, the IPad mini is a great device. I own one of those
personally, and it's very compact and lightweight, much more so than
the traditional IPad. The IPad mini with a sixteen gig SSD, which is
the smallest SSD is priced at $329, which is considerably cheaper than
a new IPad 3 or 2 with the same SSD.. Then again, I have no idea what
refurbished IPads cost these days; They may be cheaper than that. If
you are going to let your child use it, I'd get a griffin survivor case
for it. That's the most durable case I've found for the IPad mini. It's
waterproof, shockproof, and would probably protect your device should
it be dropped. Though i don't recommend it be thrown with or without a
case, as rebecca said.
I just couldn't justify a child being able to play with one, though you
seem to build a good case for your son, saying that he seems to take a
lot from using one--More than he does with puzzles and such.
Whatever you decide, make sure that the tablet has a case and that your
child uses it only when supervised by you, as was suggested by rebecca.
All Best,

Bernadetta