[blparent] Accessible apps

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 29 02:20:00 UTC 2013

Yes, we watch NetFlix and other shows on our phone after hours, smile.

My mom the teacher did a paper on this subject, and studies show that
kids under two can actually have brain damage if exposed to too much TV,
which includes computers and hand-held devices. There's the potential to
essentially scramble things, to put in lay-men's terms, and their
developing vision can't always handle the brightness and constant
flashing of images.

On top of this, it can lead to the digression of the imagination. This
has been pointed out in studies too, and it has the potential to also
contribute to obesity

In terms of learning, it's important children are exposed to all types
of learning at early ages. Visual, tactile and auditory skills should be
developed with tools and toys other than TV. Of course if a child can't
see or hear, then whatever is necessary to encourage different skills of
course applies. But simply relying on a screen of some sort to teach
things usually doesn't have the same, lasting affect real-life items
will have.

While I agree with all this, I'm merely speaking of information I have
heard and found from credible sources.

If a baby sees a TV for a bit it's not the end of the world, but babies
and kids who are purposefully sat down in front of screens especially
for prolonged times, it can definitely have lasting affects.

Bridgit
Message: 16