[blparent] Accessible apps

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 29 02:04:37 UTC 2013

We bought the three year-old a Doug and Melissa princess play castle for
Christmas and she loves it, smile. She also loves the blocks and shape
sorter and dress-up clothes.

Declan at seven-months-old is starting to play with toys, and he loves a
lot of the D and M stuff.

My mom has been an early education teacher for years, and she agrees
that kids shouldn't be exposed to TV and computers until much later in
life and even then it should be limited.

To each his own, and no one is a bad parent for allowing TV, although I
question the story of the mom letting her infant watch all the time, but
I believe books, tactile learning and imagination go a lot further than
screens and TV.

Bridgit

Message: 14