[blparent] While strangers cross a line

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Tue May 7 13:59:56 UTC 2013

Yup, Gabe is right.

-----Original Message-----
From: blparent [mailto:blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Gabe Vega
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 9:10 AM
To: Blind Parents Mailing List
Subject: Re: [blparent] While strangers cross a line

they make drum pads as well as muffled drum sticks as well. they can be
bought made this way or they can come as slip on units that fit an existing
drum stick.
Gabe Vega
CEO
Commtech LLC
Web: http://commtechusa.net
FaceBook: http://facebook.com/commtechllc
Twitter: http://twitter.com/commtechllc
Email: info at commtechusa.net
Phone: (623) 565-9357

On May 7, 2013, at 5:43 AM, "Star Gazer" <pickrellrebecca at gmail.com> wrote:

> Shannon,
> When I was drumming a lot, we used drum pads when we needed to be
> quiet or didn't have access to our drums. They go on your lap and let
> you practice with the same feel of drums, it's just a lot quieter, and
> well not as much fun. I'd lookinto getting Miles one, that way he can
> drum when he needs to be quiet.

the one getting the brunt of tattle tales and whiny girls.
> His mom didn't notice him being rough with the girl and really since I
> saw it I should have said something. We all know each other and speak
> to each others kids often. anyway when he came to me and told me what
> Myles did I just about busted out laughing in his face. Looking back
> that was kind of funny. as for last night I don't know if that will
> ever be resolved. We didn't see her today and yes it likely was a
> previous tenant she was grumbling about. Admittedly I really dislike
> being compared to others based on 1 incident. I'm feeling much better
> today but, my guard is up regarding her. Her mom is the one living
> there not her so I'm hoping she's not there all the time. not sure
> though as we are new here. We live in a quad apartment building 2 on
> bottom where we are and 2 on top. She's above us which sucks because
> Myles has drums and we've already got the classic banging on the floor
> over that one but, I'm not too worried about it since he never plays
> after 7pm and never before 9am. legal and he only plays for like 10 or
> 15 minutes a day. If I can figure out a way to muffle the sound I will
> but, I'm not going to stop him, he has to practice sometime and he's
> got a decent feel for it for his age. Our yard consists of a small
> lawn and he rides his bike in the parking lot we have which is quite
> big because the is an identical building in the same lot. I don't know
> he seemed subdued today and didn't ride much. nervous I think. He
> really doesn't deal well with getting yelled at. I took him for a walk
> to meet dad at work instead, he thought that was great and we may have
> figured out how to help him potty train now as well. a timer, he is bent
on knowing how long a task will take so we set it for potty time then set it
for how long he needs to sit.
> Waiting for the beep seems to be easier for him. Today was the first
> day in months that he went to the toilet every time I asked him to and
> stayed on the toilet and only used 1 pullup. No fuss and he was
> willing to do so. Got to do preschool for the first time in months as
> well and he was pumped for that. I homeschool and was too sick before
> I got my eye removed to do it so he fell behind. We're going to teach
> him through the summer so he'll be ready for Sept to start primary
> work. Also I found out today that the after school program at a church
> near by is affordable for us and they believe what we do so he can go
> and make new friends that way. It's 3 days a week so he gets social
> time as well. It was a good day today and a good sleep helped to calm
> my nerves and the chat with the other boys mom went a long way as well.
Funny it seems crazy things happen on the brink of a victory.