[blparent] Technology with toddlers

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Wed May 15 18:07:33 UTC 2013

Oh yes!  Trust me, folks don't hand-over their iPhones or other devices
loosely and consent is always necessary.  My mother-in-law for example
hardly lets my son touch her phone because she's too nervous about something
happening to it, while I have a friend who has an Otter case for hers and
isn't worried about it at all.  A lot of keeping the device protected is
having the right protective covers and cases in addition to working hard
with the child to treat the devices with gentle hands.  My son has been
handling our iPad since he was 14 months and he learned very quickly that if
he wasn't gentle with it then it had to be taken away.  A must for the ipad
is a protective sheet that you peel and place over the screen.  This sucker
works wonders as our son has drooled on it, had food get on it and he even
accidentally spilled a cup of water over it while the iPad was sitting on
the coffee table, and the device is just fine.  I'm impressed with how
strong those things can be.  Well worth the $$.

Happy Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Erin