[blparent] iPad Preferences?

Sirena sieradream at gmail.com
Fri May 31 18:13:18 UTC 2013

I'd like to get an iPad in the next couple of months that I can put applications and music on for my little one. I'm a little hesitant about the whole technology thing, but for long waiting periods at doctor offices or even at night, when I can put a playlist on repeat so as to keep her asleep, it may be a bit of a lifesaver.

I don't think I need this new retina display iPad. I'd like to get a good ol' iPad 2. But my question is this. Are aps still made for the iPad 2 now? And what aps, if any, would you parents recommend for infants and toddlers. Are they accessible with voice over so I can figure out how to use them, since she's too little to do it on her own yet?

She's only six months old now, but by the time I can aford this, she'll probably be seven or eight. Any ideas? What are your iPad preferences for those of you who use them?

Si