[blparent] [Bulk] Re: Halloween.

Jennifer Stewart Jackson jennifersjackson at att.net
Tue Nov 5 23:49:14 UTC 2013

We also do not usually encourage our children to eat things that are
disguised as bloody fingers or eyeballs. :) We also tell them it is not nice
to scare people and yet organizations that are usually all about being nice
like the Boy Scouts will put on fabulous haunted houses.

I know I spent a lot of time teaching my little guys that bugars and snot
are not for eating, yet I also went to a lot of trouble to serve a little
dragon snot punch at one of their birthday parties.

I am also pretty certain that we all teach our children to speak to
strangers on a regular basis. At least I expect my boys to say thank you to
wait staff and other service providers. I also expect them to say thank you
to any stranger that holds the door, gives a compliment,  or performs other
basic social kindnesses, and I teach them to return those actions. As
Rebecca wrote, we give a lot of conflicting messages to our kids.

Jennifer