[blparent] blparent digest Talking Thermometers

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Thu Oct 24 19:19:45 UTC 2013

A talking thermometer is a good tool to have, but I just have to say, it's
usually made into way more of a big deal than it actually is.  One of the
many objections my family had to me keeping and raising my baby was the
whole issue of how I would take her temperature if she got sick.  Easily
resolved; I bought a talking thermometer and there was nowhere for that
argument to go.  But honestly, although I've used it a few times just to
check my intuition, I've always been able to tell when my daughter had a
fever just by the way she acted and the way her body felt.  The back of a
hand on the forehead pretty much lets you know when it's time to break out
the Tylenol, and when babies or kids get sick enough to see a doctor, you
won't need a thermometer to give you the news.  So get one, have it on hand
as a resource, but seriously, don't break the bank or obsess about it too
much.

Jo Elizabeth

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may
kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at
evening.--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.