[blparent] use of equipment and devices for blind parrents

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Sat Aug 30 03:51:52 UTC 2014

Hi,

The unwind behavior pattern sounds so familiar, so true.  Parents know their
children best, in spite of what friends or family think.

Our daughters were both so different.  The eldest was the giggly baby you
could take anywhere, slept through the night after the first couple weeks, a
very easy baby.

On the other hand, daughter 2 was just as lovable, but never slept through
the night for the longest.  As a newborn, she would get over-stimulated in
busy environments such as stores, noise of any kind, or groups of people,
and start screaming.  I would have to go to a quiet place to calm her down,
then she would be fine.  We called her our "high needs" baby.  Today she is
a lovely independent 24-year-old, so being there for her when she was
little, no matter how inconvenient, paid off.  I remember hearing that the
more you cuddle and meet a baby's needs as they grow into toddlerhood, the
more independent and self-directed they will be as children and adults,
because they learn you are always there for them no matter when they cry, if
they cry, whatever the need is, you pop up.  It's a lot of wear and tear on
the parent, but definitely worth it when you see your adult children.

Judy