[blparent] Off topic - garden plants

Kai Johnson ksjohnson3 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 19:31:33 UTC 2014

Hi,
My wife is blind and I am sighted, and I'm trying to plan a garden that we
both can enjoy. I tried asking around on gardening lists and groups in the
area (I live in Boston), but most people and organizations don't have much
information on plants and trees that have blind interest (are tactilely
interesting, are fragrant, or perhaps make noise somehow), and the VI
organizations I contacted in my area (Perkins, Carroll) also said it's not
their area of expertise.

So here I am! Hoping to find blind gardeners and allies to help me come up
with some options. Do any of you have garden tips, either for the actual
gardening (tips, techniques), or for plants with tactile interest or
similar features? I'm zone 6a, but am not afraid to overwinter tender
things indoors, so as far as I'm concerned anything is game.
Thank you!
Kai