[blparent] Off topic - garden plants

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Tue Feb 25 19:36:26 UTC 2014

Hi.  I'm totally blind, and I've always loved gardening.  I'm not really
sure about specific plants, except that I have better luck with those that
have larger leaves and flowers because tiny, delicate foliage is sometimes
hard to handle.  I'm fond of hollyhocks (sp?) and geraniums because of their
soft leaves, and I love daisies and sunflowers, cosmos, and the like because
of their frilly blossoms with contrasting centers.  I would say just don't
be afraid to get your hands in the dirt!  Within reason, plants are
resilient.

Jo Elizabeth

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may
kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at
evening.--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.